About Me

My photo
I have been married to Mr Neuron for 33 years. Most of my working life has been dedicated to Nursing. I retired 10 years ago. Still an associate member of the Royal College of Nursing and try to keep up to date with what is happenning in the N.H.S.

Friday 30 July 2010

Today at the E.N.T.

Today I visited the Ear Nose and Throat Department at The Freeman Hospital.
Appointment was for 10.45 am. Managed to get a car parking space at 10 10am.
The E.N.T. outpatients was on the second floor. Arrived in time to get a cup of Coffee,staff at the registration desk really efficient.
My name was called out at 10.30am,which was excellent as the appointment was for 10.45am.Greeted by a friendly Audiologist who explained the procedure. Sat in the sound proof box listening to the different noises and pressing the button when I heard a sound.
Once this was completed she then produced a chart and explaiined the changes in my hearing from the last visit.Slight deterioration.
Impressions were then taken of my ear for my new hearing aid. The one I have at present is about 5 years old.
I will get an appointment in no more than 12 weeks to have my new Hearing Aids fitted.
I am going to have another one for the left ear this time.As well as a replacement for the Right Hearing aid.
As far as I am concerned today my treatment as a N.H.S patient was excellent.

1 comment: