About Me

My photo
I have been married to Mr Neuron for 33 years. Most of my working life has been dedicated to Nursing. I retired 10 years ago. Still an associate member of the Royal College of Nursing and try to keep up to date with what is happenning in the N.H.S.

Friday 16 July 2010

My Garden

I have decided to write blogs about my garden. Just now I have 8 tomato plants in the greenhouse+ a Cucumber plant and some lettuce.
The other Cucumber plant is in a little house I made from bricks at the bottom of the garden.
3 pepper plants are in a mini greenhouse.
I started off with a new tunnel bought 4 weeks ago about a metre high and 4 metres long.
I originally had 9 pepper plants which I grew from seed. However my tunnel blew down twice in the wind last week.I lost 6 of my peppers.The 2 cucumbers had to be re housed. They were also grown from seed.
I also have a bush tomato plant growing in the conservatory.Another casualty from my polytunnel.
Sometimes I wonder if it would have been easier going out to the shops and buying Cucumbers and peppers.
However its quite a challenge growing your own.
I also planted about 80 marigold seeds this year which have been damaged by the wind.
Busy lizzies doing well.Geraniums just starting to grow.
Will do a photo tour tomorrow.
My tunnel is now rolled up in the garden shed.I am to get some new connectors delivered as some of them were damaged in the wind.
I am trying to think what I can plant in it once I get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment